REGULAR SEARCHING IN MEMHACK DOESN"T WORK RIGHT.

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby esco » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 pm

L. Spiro wrote:Great. Then it may not deal with compressions, which means it may actually be possible to fix.

Except that you are the only one who gets these errors.

Nothing in the searches changed that would cause any errors.
Try “Anything Readable”.

Using anything readable (though I have no clue why or what that is for) seems to improve it... if I search for 631798-631853, it gives me 631798 to 631fe9. Which means it's not pulling up as many unwanted addresses as before.

I did a search for 5b6e40 to 7b6e3f, and it pulled up ONLY the addresses in my range. Same thing when I did 700000 to 7b6e3f, it worked fine. I did about 10 more searches and it seems that it starts pulling up extra addresses only when I only have a small ranged search (it seems to be somewhere around less than 4096 addresses, which is 1000 in hex). But if I do a search thru 10000 addresses or something over around 4096 it seems to work fine.

NOTE: all my searches were unknown value types.

And send me your whole MHS directory, including all scripts you aer using. It may be some obscure script-related problem that only you get because only you are using those scripts.

I've tried it without scripts. Same issue. So I don't see how it can be that. And my directory only has stuff that was created by extracting files from the zip file or from running MHS (the files it automatically creates). Nothing else, my scripts are in another dir. I also did a fresh install to a different drive and dir... and made sure I did NOT put anything else in the folder..... same issues occurred.

If you still want me to email my folder, u2u me your email address and I'll do it ASAP. But I doubt it will do any good.

You can test it by renaming DefProfile.ini and loading MHS. This resets everything. After testing you can put back your old DefProfile.ini.

L. Spiro

Tried this... even installed in a fresh dir. No change. If you want me to try anything else let me know. :)
Esco.... the name says it all. New Yorikan for life.
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 pm

“Anything Readable” is a protected ancient Japanese secret. How it works is a mystery, but some say it converses with ancient spirits from within forbidden temples.

It is sure, however, that it uses a different method from the normal routine.

Are you sure your computer is fine?
What are you hacking? Are you sure you are not running any software that installs hooks to change the returns of some Win32 API functions?

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 pm

L. Spiro wrote:“Anything Readable” is a protected ancient Japanese secret. How it works is a mystery, but some say it converses with ancient spirits from within forbidden temples.

Oh, your a real fucking comedian! lol. :lol:

It is sure, however, that it uses a different method from the normal routine.

Are you sure your computer is fine?
What are you hacking? Are you sure you are not running any software that installs hooks to change the returns of some Win32 API functions?

L. Spiro

My computer is fine. And I am hacking castlevania: SOTN the us version on the epsxe emulator, like always. :D

And I don't know a thing about "hooks" or whatever you just asked above. Can you tell me more about this, because it's not something I would be doing, but who knows if something else is indirectly causing it.
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Stick with Anything Readable for now and I will eventually start giving you debug versions to solve the problem.

You are the only one who has this problem so there is nothing I can study on my end alone.

It seems to me it is forgetting the actual range you specify before it is passed down to the searcher, which is a very unique and strange problem since that is a very reliable part of the system, but we will see.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:57 pm

L. Spiro wrote:Stick with Anything Readable for now and I will eventually start giving you debug versions to solve the problem.

You are the only one who has this problem so there is nothing I can study on my end alone.

It seems to me it is forgetting the actual range you specify before it is passed down to the searcher, which is a very unique and strange problem since that is a very reliable part of the system, but we will see.

L. Spiro

K bro. Thanks for helping me out. 8)
esco
NULL

Postby esco » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:36 am

I just noticed another issue with the search.... for some reason sometimes when I search for exact values, it lists the addresses twice. Like this:

62e2f4
62e2f6
62e3b0
62e2f4
62e2f6
62e3b0

I don't know if this will help you find the issue, but I figured I should at least mention it.

Also now when I have my process up (epsxe) if I did a search and a BUNCH of addresses come up, it seems to slow it WAY down. This is probably my refresh rate, and the fact that it is pulling up SOOOOO many extra addresses, but it never used to slow it down so much.

Of course if I just minimize memhack that problem is solved. ;)
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 am

Turn off kernel-mode ReadProcessMemory().

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Coo, I don't seem to get anymore repeat addresses.... but of course the search is still screwed. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next release, to see if it works in that one. 8)
esco
NULL

Postby esco » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 am

By the way, is there anyway I can DL a version of MHS older than 4.0? Because I tried several of them between 4.0 and current, and the search bug still shows. I want to try an older version (say from around march 2007) and see if it still happens with a version that I KNOW used to work for me.
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 am

4.0.?.?.

I need the full version number. I am fairly sure you had mentioned that all worked until 4.0.0.13.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm

L. Spiro wrote:4.0.?.?.

I need the full version number. I am fairly sure you had mentioned that all worked until 4.0.0.13.

L. Spiro

I had search issues a while back, on my old computer. But if i remember right, you had fixed it in the next version, but I think it happened in 2 or 3 versions, and the rest were fine. I figured I'd try one BELOW 4.0.0.0.0, and see if it works. Because for a long time there I might have used an older version of memhack. I just want to make sure I cover ALL the possibilities here basically.
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

I don't have any below that number, but the next release changes a lot of things in almost every part of the software and a few major internal loopholes were fixed.

It may be the solution of which you have been dreaming.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 am

Well I downloaded the newest version and YUP it's still busted! Lol, I wonder why this seems to happen with all the versions on this computer?

Oh and by the way....
L. Spiro wrote:Turn off kernel-mode ReadProcessMemory().

L. Spiro

This doesn't help... if I only get back a few results there are STILL duplicate addresses.
esco
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:56 pm

I have gotten duplicate addresses, but for addresses out of range it is definitely a problem with your computer.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby esco » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm

L. Spiro wrote:I have gotten duplicate addresses, but for addresses out of range it is definitely a problem with your computer.

L. Spiro

What could be causing this problem? And honestly... if a program crashes only on one computer, than it is an obvious compatibility issue. But if a program just doesn't work like it's supposed to on one computer, it's not only a compatibility issue, but a definite code issue as well.

It's pretty much like opening word , selecting open document... and it instead changes the font.... even though it's only on one computer, there is a bug in the code somewhere as well. And it's only a matter of time till someone else gets it.
esco
NULL

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions